facebook twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Wednesday 11 November 2015

My thoughts on Seann Miley Moore and X Factor...

Hey Divas,

As you know, I have been writing for the Mirror Online for a while now about X Factor and what I think about each week. Here's the link to the last two blogs I wrote:

Saturday: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factors-kitty-brucknell-asks-6791231
Sunday: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disgusted-horrified-kitty-brucknell-reveals-6795732

I thought I would write a little more on here about my thoughts behind what happened last Sunday. I was in so much shock, sitting on the bed with my mum and we were just screaming at the TV. A cynical person would say that's exactly what the producers want, after all, the more people talk about the show the more people watch it, the more ratings go up, the more they want these shocking results. It's an endless circle, and there seems no stopping it.

I just felt that after Sunday night, things had gone too far. It's one thing to say "there's always shock exits, it's nothing new", but I actually really believed that Seann would buck the trend and go on to win. If I was an unknown singer, sitting at home with my pink and purple hair, wondering if I should enter the show or not, Sunday night's result would have put that idea right back in the box. I wonder how many other kids who err on the side of "a bit quirky and unusual" we will never see because their champion has been so unceremoniously kicked off the biggest show on TV. It certainly says a lot about our culture.

It took me 4 years to really believe in myself - I had a lot of knockbacks after the show finished, people telling me I basically wasn't worth anything at all and that I should give up on my dream. This didn't come from twitter trolls, but from industry people who I had previously admired. Everything that I am as an artist, I was told was wrong and "attention seeking". To be told that you are basically useless, as a person and as a musician, was pretty hard to deal with, and it took a lot of inner strength to pull myself through that.

I get so many messages from kids who are bullied in their day to day lives for being "different", and I had hoped that Seann would finally buck the trend, and come out on top, to show all these misfits that they CAN make a difference, and that their dreams are not just fantasies unlikely to come true. It just feels like on X Factor last night, it sent the message that if you are talented, unusual and a true artist, you will get sent home in favour of a kid who had a tantrum on TV and sings out of tune.

That's pretty harsh I know, and I actually like Mason a lot. I think he's talented and a great performer. But he was on his way to making it before he entered the show, and probably would have been signed even if he had left on Sunday. It probably wouldn't have made a difference at all to his career. But it would have done with Seann and my heart is just breaking right now.

Seann - just get out there and make a great album. We will all buy it, and you will have that Madison Square Garden show xxx

xxxx Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme